Firstly, I needed to create some music for my trailer. I was
hoping to team up with the ‘Access to Music’ students to have my music made,
but unfortunately the programme wasn’t running this year according to my
tutors, so I had to take matters into my own hands!
Using LogicPro and the skills I’d picked up during my weekly
sound inductions, I managed to use quickly grasp how to use the MIDI keyboard…:
…in tangent
with the programme to customise my own array of notes using the built-in
instruments. I knew my music had to have some sort of Mexican flavour to it, so
I started off by using the Mariachi horns to create the melody. I used some of
the ready-made note arrangements for this and edited some of my own to create a
fun melody. I also added in a shaker to give it a little extra spice! Since
this was an action game, I figured I’d need something quite ‘punchy’ to
emphasise that and fit with the footage. I chose to go with some House beats
and synth bass to really give the song some power. Overall I was pretty happy
with how the track turned out. The trailer also needed a crowd, however! On top
of the stock crowd sounds, I asked some of my fellow students to cheer and jeer
in the sound recording room so that I could layer these sounds on top of one
another to create the effect of a huge audience. Here’s Paul, cheering to his
heart’s content…or singing opera. Either way, here he is in the sound room:
Here’s an
image of me editing away in Logic:
When the music was complete, I just needed to match it all up
with the trailer (also easy to do in Logic Pro) and add in some more sound
effects before calling the trailer done! It was a long road for something I
never even initially set out to do, but I think it paid off!
Next up is the Showreel! We’ll be back in the sound room
sooner than expected…



No comments:
Post a Comment